2013년 6월 21일 금요일

Week 12 : Assignment - Essay ( The best way of learning about life )


◆ Answer the following question in a 200-300 word essay:

Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family or friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages and disadvantages of these two different ways of learning about life. Which do you think is preferable? Use specific examples to support your preference.



    Each person has their own thinking about life They think in different ways about the best way about life, because they grew up in many different kinds of environment. Then, so do I. There are two main kinds of opinion about the way of learning life: listening to the advice from others and expeience, and I write this essay to say my thinking.
    Before I write my opinion, I would compare these two situations. Each situsation has advantages and disadvantages. The former, learning about life by listening to the advice of family or friends has advantage. Once, there is such a saying "Many hands make light work". If we undergo something bad, we have to get advice not keep the problem. If one woman who is just 17 years old is sexually assaulted by her acquaintance, it would be hard pressed for her. She, however, won't say anything because it is shameful. Nevertheless, she should get brave and tell to her family or friends. Living life is sometimes harmful, but it would be better if we live together. Meanwhile, listening to the advice from others also has disadvantage. Your friend worry and give an advice to you but this advice are not available for you, because your friend and you have different values. You also might want your family or friends to just listen to your trouble, not give an advice. They, however, want to give an advice for you, because they might think it is right.
    Meanwhile, the latter, learning about life through personal experience also has each advantage and disadvantage. First, I have something to tell you about advantage. There are quite many things that we have to experience as a being such as giving birth or military life. As a woman, giving birth is privilege and we cannot argue without experience. We don't know how wonderful is. Men also has this privilege. In the society, a lot of men who served in the military talk about their military life. In this time, some men who didn't serve in the military doesn't talk with his friends, because they don't know the life of military. Many people learn the life through the experiences now. There are, however, disadvantage, too. Learning everything in the world isn't for everyone. There is a limitation. Although we want to experience, we cannot do that because of some restrictions. In this time, we have to ask somebody such as family or friends or read book of theme what you want to know.
    There are a lot of situations just like I wrote, but I prefer the latter one. I prefer to learn about my life through my experience. I want to experience as much as possible. Getting advices from my acquaintance is just indirect, but I think I realize the life through experience directly. I would wake to the stern realities of life. I might know by experience myself such as getting married, Childbirth, and especially getting older. I don't know 40's life. I don't know 60's life. I just wait and live hardly until I'm 40 years. When I reach that years, I would live hardly, too! Life is experience.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기