2013년 4월 18일 목요일

Week 6 : Optional Extra Credit - Someone I admire

 
  
After I got a mission ; Tell about what person I admire, I agonized.
Actually I thought my mother. She is the person that I respect most but I wanted to write another person. Then, I recalled one woman. Her name is Sheryl Sandberg.
I saw her on the facebook for the first time. She is a COO(Chief Operating Officer) of the Facebook. She is also a vice president of Google.


I usually use a lot 'Facebook' and 'Google' and I sometimes wonder who is leader of Facebook.
After I knew the leader, I was shocked! The leader is A FEMALE! It was awesome.
Nowadays, she is admired the most as a woman in the world.
 
Here are reasons why I admire her. First, she is influential in the world as a woman. She is only female member of director. She doesn not feel inferior to other mans. Rather, She leads other mans. She doesn't hesitate when pushing the matter forward. She gives me excitement and she gives me a challenge. After I knew her, I have tried to find my dream and to live impassionedly. Second, she admits her fault with grace. One day, there was a new employee and he has been in Sheryl's company for only two weeks. Then, during the meeting, he pointed out Sheryl's mistake in front of many other predecessors. Many people were shocked and embarassed, but Sheryl didn't get angry. She admitted her mistake with a smile and bowed his thanks. If I was Sheryl, it was hard to admit my fault in front of other a lot of people because she was leader.
Of course, there are many other women like Sheryl Sandberg.
Nevertheless, I admire her because of her modesty.
 
If you want to know her, search on the Google and you will get some information about her.
I bet you also would admire her!
 
 

댓글 1개:

  1. Before read your posting, I never ecpected that master of google and facebook is woman!!
    At this time I admire her too. Usually I respect someone who lead the world and challengable person by overcoming sex. Thanks to your good posting:-)

    답글삭제